Saturday, September 27, 2008

To Sleep Perchance To Dream

'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished. :o)

Baby and I haven't been sleeping so well--he's figured out that he can willfully work his hands and evidently has been thinking about this fun new thing so much that he can't seem to sleep! And he's drooling up a storm, so there might be teeth coming and that's probably a factor. I don't get why these people fight sleep so much--I'd freaking LOVE a good nap!

We had our third birthday party in as many weeks today and what with making the cake (another Darth Vader!) and attending the party and dealing with The People, I'm really extra exhausted.

And we had to put our old kitty to sleep today, too, on top of everything else. So I'm pretty bummed about that. She was ill and it was time and there would have been no sense in drawing it out any longer. We haven't told the kids yet--didn't want to ruin birthday party day. They know she went to the vet again, so we'll just tell them that she died there and they don't need to know the details. Still.

I think it's bedtime for me! Maybe this will be the night Sean sleeps for more than 4 or 5 hours in a row. Keep your fingers crossed for me!


LB said...

Silly Mommy - naps are for adults who have already mastered the art of crossing their fingers.

Again with the black icing?

Sorry to hear about Kitty.

I hope you got some sleep.

Rational Jenn said...

Thanks, LB! I am evidently destined for black icing. It's little boy cakes: Vader, Spider-Man, Lightning McQueen. Little girl cakes tend to use white as outlines: Hello Kitty, etc.

I did get sleep (yay) and thanks about Kitty. We just told Ryan. :o(

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Ah, I am glad the black icing days are receding into the past. The Boychick is now more interested in the flavor of the cake than the decorations on it.

I am sorry about the kitty. Even when you know it's coming, it's durn hard.

And may you get some of nature's balm very soon!