Sunday, November 09, 2008

Short Break

I'm heading out of town tomorrow. My grandpa died this morning. :( Not unexpected--he had been ill--and it was mercifully quick, but still very sad.

So Sean and I are off to Indianapolis! Ryan is a little sad about not coming, but it just wasn't feasible given finances and the time frame. He is glad not to miss Tae Kwon Do and chess though. Brendan seems to think he'll get work done (ha!)--I know my neighbor will have them for playdates, so that will help.

I doubt I'll get much of a chance at the computer while I'm gone. The Rule of Reason will host the blog carnival this week in my stead (thanks, Nick!) since I'm not returning until Thursday night. Wish me luck, traveling with a baby who is recovering from an ear infection! Hopefully the flight won't bother him too much now that he's been on meds a couple of days.

6 comments:

Shez said...

Jenn, May your heart be filled with good, warm memories of your grandpa. Hopefully the little beans ears will not bother him too much during the flight. I see lots of nursing and pacifiers in our near future.

Kelly said...

Awe, I'm so sorry to hear that, Jenn. I've been there. *hugs*

Jennifer B said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. You must have lots of great memories of him.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Jenn, may your grandpa's memory be for a blessing in your life and may you pass on that good to your children.

Principled Parent said...

My condolences to you and your family.

Good luck with Sean on your trip!

Amy Mossoff said...

Sorry about your grandfather. My grandmother just died too. It's hard.