Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ho Ho Ho And Other Stuff

I'm here in Chicago! So glad we came a day early, because I don't think we would have made it otherwise. The kids did wonderfully in the car and the older two are presently out in the snow--the deep, deep, lovely snow--with Brendan. (Yay for Brendan!) Pictures are being taken!

I'm hanging out with baby, who is snoozing away here beside me, getting some work done (and by "work" I of course mean blogging and "Facebook") before I need to wrangle everyone into nice-ish clothes for the Christmas Eve party with the extended family. Oy. Remind me to tell you about the extended family sometime! They are mostly very nice, it's just that I'm used to my family's brand of crazy, you know? And every family does crazy differently. But I am glad that we'll be able to see Brendan's grandfather. It'll be a bittersweet holiday this year, since Mimi is gone. Her absence will be felt deeply, I suspect.

And then--Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and Christmas, Christmas Everywhere! I'm excited, the kids are excited. And I'm glad we'll be here for many more days to visit and play with our new toys.

I'm feeling all happy and gushy, so just wanted to tell all of my readers Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Lightbulb Day, Happy New Year, Merry Whatever You Celebrate, etc.! I'll do my very, very best to raise of glass of wine (or three) in your honor. Aren't I thoughtful? :o)

4 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I am glad you got going early and made it safely to the Windy City!

I will raise a toast to you all, and everyone else celebrating something during this season! Yey! I love holidays.

Jennifer B said...

Happy Holidays!

Diana Hsieh said...

Merry Christmas!

kelly said...

So glad you made it here in chgo with major travel and weather hassles! It will be warm here this weekend too! Happy holidays to you and your fam!