Friday, January 02, 2009

Best Of 2008 Round Up!

The Crucible & Column is hosting a Best of 2008 edition of the Objectivist Round Up this week. Be sure to check it out!

We're heading up to the cabin this afternoon, for a friend's birthday celebration/un-decorating for the holidays party. We'll get to see some folks we haven't seen in a while, too (I think). It should be fun, but I'm stressing a bit because I seriously overslept this morning, Ryan didn't fall asleep until nearly midnight last night and did NOT sleep in (recipe for disaster), and I still haven't completely unpacked from our Chicago trip.

You know what? I don't need to stress, do I? No, not really. This is why I like my blog--I start off a post in one state of mind, read my own words and that helps me get to a better state of mind. It's all gonna be fine--even if none of the kids sleeps one minute, which I know is very unlikely. And I know that it's unreasonable for me to expect everyone to settle back immediately into our normal routine just after a long vacation, because that NEVER happens. So as of this moment, I am considering us still on vacation, and I'll worry about that normal routine thing next week.

Although I think we should try to take them on a big long hike or something, to wear out their bodies a bit before bedtime. Yes, that sounds like a plan.

4 comments:

Jennifer B said...

Happy New Year!

LB said...

We'll be doing the same (undecorating) here this weekend. Then I need to embark on the great editing campaign (as applied to all of our belongings).

Happy New Year.

Kelly said...

Sounds smart and sensible in the face of possibly tired and grumpy kids!

Happy New Year!

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

The big long hike is a great plan. The fresh outdoor air will make your tired little ones happier and it will exhaust them as only exercise in higher altitudes than they are used to can!

Then you and your darling husband can uncork a bottle of wine while they sleep! And you will sleep. Hurrah! You are indeed Rational, Jenn!