Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good Things About This Weekend

Wasn't I just saying something the other day about how I'm becoming more positive and optimistic in my old age? :o)

I have had a weekend in which my dreams of being economical and Martha Stewart-ish have been thwarted at every turn and it's very frustrating, since I'm really trying very, very hard. I even let it get me down and I'm not really given over to that sort of thing in general. I do still have enough post-baby hormones going on that I could blame it on that, so I will. !! :o) But I also want to think about Good Things, too, so I'll give this exercise a try and see if it helps my mental state.

Okay, here goes:

  • We got outdoors today, and played in the sunshine, with good--no, great! friends.
  • We got Sean's new carseat installed. Brendan and the Big Kids also cleaned and vacuumed the minivan.
  • I took Ryan to taekwondo yesterday--just the two of us. It's been so long since we got to do something, just the two of us. Since I didn't have the baby, I was able to sit in the gym and watch him.
  • I watched Brendan and Ryan make a film--look for it on the FamBlog in the next week or so (editing still remains, and it's dependent on Brendan's work schedule).
  • I ordered us some more grassfed beef!
  • Morgan spells her name: M-O-R-G-A-N-Space-C. That's "Morgan C." She is smart AND beautiful!

So, those are nice things, yes? Not a total wash, this weekend.

Good exercise, this Good Things. I'm in a much better state of mind!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I never thought of Martha Stewart as economical. Still, I am afraid that even as a single person with much more time on my hands, I could never hope to live up to Martha! The fact that you are thinking about it with three kids makes me feel like a true underachiever! Woo Hoo! :)

Kelly Elmore said...

Martha be damned. I wouldn't want to be so prissy, and if you were that prissy, I wouldn't have much fun at your house. I love my Jenn, house all lived in and full of fun, always reading books and talking to children and thinking interesting thoughts, instead of worrying about every little prissy detail. And you cooked this weekend in the crockpot. That should for sure be on your list. If everyone gets fed and all booboos kissed, you are a success as a homemaker!