- Sean has officially moved from the Cute Interested Observer stage of babyhood to the Adorable Self-Determining, Taking Control of his Own Destiny, Grabbing Everything, Rolling Everywhere, Freaking Out when Mom Leaves the Room or Something Falls Out of his Grip stage of babyhood. The double-edged sword of subsequent children is that I'm very aware of how busy my life is about to become, so that I can prepare for it, even as I dread it.
- King Tut was awesome. We had a WONDERFUL time with our friends. As one of my commenters experienced, Morgan was the least interested of the Big Kids who went, but really, she did very well over all. The baby took a nap in the stroller (hooray!). We enjoyed the IMAX movie, even Ryan, who was very concerned that it would be too loud--movies often cross over his noise threshhold, which is very low, sensitive guy that he is. For reasons unknown to me, he was scared of what he might see, even though I thought I had prepped him by looking at the website. Morgan spent the whole time lifting up her 3-D glasses, and lowering them, intrigued by the difference it made. We all enjoyed finding cartouches on the artifacts--we made kind of a game of it, actually. At the end, we all got cartouches from the Make Your Own Cartouche Dollar Machine (slide $1 in, type your name, get your cartouche).
- We completed 18 thank you notes for Christmas gifts. I cheated this year and had preprinted cards made up with a picture of the kids on the front. (They are very cute.) The Big Kids wrote their names in the cards, as a sign of their appreciation. Ryan wrote his name in hieroglyphics on some of them! I addressed the envelopes and Ryan and Morgan put on the stamps and the return address (I have one of those self-inking rubber stamps for that). Then we spent some time looking at a map of the US, figuring out where each card was going. That was fun, and edumacational, too.
- Watched some football--should be interesting next week, for sure!
- Put away most of the rest of the Christmas decorations. No, we're not quite done, but we're getting there. I hope.
- Played our new computer I Spy Game--I need to write a post about my love of I Spy things in general.
- Wrote a couple of posts on the blog. Didja notice? :o) Man, I'm wordy sometimes!
- Ordered Season 1 of Mad Men for our next TV series. We're watching Family Guy currently.
What's up with you?