Monday, February 02, 2009


I'm writing a new parenting post, but our Superbowl party really cut into my blogging plans yesterday. (Totally worth it!) I'm so excited about dropping our Satellite TV service. Need to go do that in a moment. We'll save $60 a month! That will pay for M's ballet class and part of Ryan's taekwondo, too!

In the meantime, here are a few new things I'd like to point you to:

  • A new group blog about economics, called Simply Capitalism, featuring some of my favorite bloggers. YAY.
  • The hero of the day at Heroes of Capitalism is, of course, Ayn Rand (today is her birthday)!
  • In California, a school nurse association sued to prevent non-medical personnel (teachers and other staff) from helping diabetic students do their insulin injections. They won. MOST schools in California do NOT have full-time nurses (if any). How are these kids supposed to do their shots? Look--I've done this. It's not rocket science here. If the personnel want to be trained, and the parents and child are comfortable allowing this, then why in the world?!?!?!?
  • In Georgia, SB 60 has been introduced and reads in part:
    so as to authorize each local board of education to determine the maximum age of mandatory education from 16 to 18 for its local school system
    Georgia parents of school-aged students--schooled and homeschooled--we need to be on this one quick. I just read about this today. Expect a more complete objection when I've had time to think about it some more. But, in a word, NO. We do not want this.

That's all for now.

No comments: