Friday, February 13, 2009

Now This Is Just Ridiculous

So anyway, in Gloucester, Massachusetts, residents must purchase garbage bags from the city. The bags are $2 each and are purple and have the word "Official" marked on them. The city will not pick up your trash if it's not in these "Official" bags.

Naturally, a black market of sorts has sprung up because, you know, Holy smokes! $2 a bag!?!?!?

So the city government trash bag procurement peopleguys ordered a batch of bags with the word "Official" deliberately misspelled.

Now the garbageman peopleguys must read each bag and only remove the "Offcial" bags.

No, really. There is so much that is wrong with this I don't even know where to start. Although I'm tempted to get in on the "counterfeit" bag action.

Via Brendan, who heard about this on Neal Boortz

6 comments:

Kevin said...

Being in the same state of Boston and the residents having access to their own harbor, the next steps are of course obvious.

Kelly said...

* shakes head *

If you need someone to set up the art for the misspelled bag, let me know. I'll do it in Illustrator :-P

Monica said...

This sounds just like something that would be pulled in the Nazi state of Massachusetts. UGH! You couldn't pay me to live there.

Darren said...

I'm glad I live in Kansas. I think I have a few years before this type of mess spreads over here.

Such Lovely Freckles said...

LOL... You just made my day. I thought the day sucked... but THAT sucks!! ;)

rogerz said...

Given "public" ownership of the town dump, then using this method of pricing based on volume would seem appropriate. A private dump - while much preferred - would do no less, I'm sure, though they might have a more technologically advanced way to measure volume.