Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh Dear

We had a lovely afternoon with our friends. The grownups talked and talked while the kids were off on adventures of their own. We were winding up our day over a nice dinner at a local restaurant, when, without warning of any kind, Morgan started throwing up everywhere! Neat, huh?

After a quick drive home (with windows open), a bath for her, a shower for Brendan (who bore the brunt of the assault with courage and valor), and of course, a load of laundry already going, we are settling in for the night. Kind of.

I'm down here with the boys and Brendan is putting Morgan to bed. She is acting 100% perfectly normal, so I don't know if it's a bug. I mean, it's gotta be a bug--how could it not be?--but there is no fever or tiredness or whininess or more puke. Yet. She was as pleasant as could be on the way home and just chitter-chattered away in her bath and is looking forward to a bedtime showing of The Backyardigans.

And now we go into Hunker Down and Wait Mode . . . so blogging may be a bit light for a few days. It's bad enough when you have one kid with Pukinson's Disease (as my husband affectionately calls it). But when there's more than one kid involved, it's . . . exponential--that's the only way I can explain it. I hope she's well over it before anyone else goes down.

In other news, Sean got himself from his belly into a sitting position for the very first time! :o)


Kelly said...

The same thing happened to me when I was just about Morgan's age. Turned out that dinner just didn't sit right. I was fine. The living room floor, however, was another story :-P

Hope everything's ok!

Kim said...

I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it in my own daughter. She threw up when she drank too fast. Twice.

But like I tell my kids, you always feel better after throwing up. Then you get a reprieve of a few hours! Should hit again right when you are having a great dream--sorry!

Amy said...

For a minute there, I thought you cheated on the SLACer event, but that's next week.

Is that mean, that I thought of that?

I do hope she's ok, of course. ;)