Monday, March 02, 2009

LinkFest

Paul Hsieh has a great post up at Pajamas Media called Ayn Rand and the Tea Party Protests. The tagline: Protesters must couple their outrage at bailouts with a positive vision of a properly limited government.

Gus Van Horn has a post up in which he counters the myth that Objectivism is somehow anti-child by quoting one of my favorite parts of Atlas Shrugged: the scene where Dagny meets a mother living in Galt's Gulch. Always good to read that passage--it captures perfectly the job I'm trying to do every day. (The sidebar picture of my kids is titled from that passage.)

Speaking of Objectivists and parenting, there's a nice post about parenting as a Central Purpose in Life over at A is A Academy. I couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, I wish I had been able to articulate my current career choice better in the past, when faced with . . . disdain? criticism? . . . I don't know what to call it, really . . . about being an at-home Objectivist mom.

Via The Little Things, a very funny video which is a nice reminder about why Capitalism is a Good Thing.

Busy day in progress, so that's all for now!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I always recognized and liked your quote about kids from the sidebar. I don't know why people think Rand is anti-kid. I know many Objectivist parents (ahem, mine :-P) and they tend to be great at it. I think a lot of people just hear bad things about Objectivism from people who love to trash Rand but haven't really read her. I mean, how many people have said to me "Isn't Ayn Rand a fascist?". Um, what?!

Amy said...

I love your sidebar quote, too. Noticed it the first time I came to your site.