- Receiving a note from Ryan that read: "I love you Mom." Sweet boy, sweeter literacy!
- Spending hours yesterday in the wonderful sunshine doing some spring cleaning in the backyard and deck. It feels so good to be productive.
- Figuring out what to get Ryan and Morgan for their birthdays: scooters.
- The quick progress of a baby who couldn't crawl 3 weeks ago into a crawling, pulling-up, stair-climbing machine. I suppose that's good, right?
- That the baby will now come to me when he's hungry!
- The new spring/summer clothing arrived and Morgan is so excited--she received the bulk of the new stuff this year, since she's been growing a bunch. (She's officially 4T!) She dressed herself independently this morning, too!
- My mother-in-law has a date set for her wedding. Yay!
- Going to a birthday party for a friend. Also Yay!
I can't remember if I wrote about this on the blog, but we had a funny thing happen one afternoon last week. The big kids were outside, playing in the mud, and I was trying to get the baby fed and to sleep. The kids left the front door W-I-D-E open, and I made the conscious decision to just leave it open while I nursed the baby.
Just as the baby was drifting off to sleep, several things happened at once: Ryan and Morgan came running through the house, naked and muddy, and a lawn service peopleguy, confused by the open and extremely muddy (as it turned out) door, started shouting, "Hello? Hello?"
Sean immediately woke up, I stood up and tried to rearrange myself (ahem), redirected the muddy people back outside, and walked to the front door (accompanied by my non-redirected muddy, mostly naked children) to greet a very surprised salesman. He took one look and said "Icanseeyou'rebusy soI'lljustleavethiswithyou." and threw a flyer at me and fled. THAT'S how you get rid of door-to-door salesmen!
That was also the day that Morgan learned that she can't pee off the balcony like Ryan can. FAIL.
Other Funny included:
- Morgan's excuse for not wanting to go to the park for the second day in a row: "I already made enough Vitamin D. I'm tired of making Vitamin D."
- Going to meet friends at a restaurant--and going to the wrong restaurant, getting seated, ordering drinks and THEN realizing that we were supposed to meet them somewhere else!