Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My 15 Minutes

One of the coordinators of the Atlanta Tea Party contacted me late Sunday night and invited me to record a one-minute statement that will be shown on two giant screens at our event tomorrow night. So I did! :o)

There are several speakers lined up for the event, and in between each of their speeches, clips of three "regular" people--like yours truly!--will be played on the big screens. The coordinators of our event anticipate THOUSANDS of attendees!

I did several takes this afternoon at the recording studio, and I don't know which one will make it in. (None of them was absolutely perfect, but that's just my control-freak tendency obsessing about it.) I did do my absolute best and I was very excited to have been asked to participate!

I'm not sure when or if the videos will be available online, but rest assured, I'll put it on my blog if it is available. Because, you know, it's all about the blog! At the very least, I'll post the text of my speech on my blog. It does begin (after a quick intro) with "Twenty years ago, I read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand . . . ." Even though none of you is supposed to let on that I'm old enough to start any kind of speech with "twenty years ago."

It was HARD to distill my thoughts down into one minute, especially on such short notice while returning from a road trip! It was harder still to work up the nerve to speak--I'm much more comfortable as a writer than as a speaker, although with a little practice I know I'd improve.

Thanks to all who supported me and made suggestions: Brendan, Diana, Ari, Robb, Monica, C. August and my group of great friends here in town.

So . . . will I see you in Atlanta tomorrow night? Because I know you'll see me! :o)

5 comments:

Kevin McAllister said...

Excellent! Here's hoping I get a chance to see the rational minute brought to by Jenn.

Oh, I most definitely won't be in Atlanta.

John Drake said...

That's awesome Jenn. Congrats. I wish I could be in Atlanta to see it.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

That's great, Jenn! I hope it will be online eventually because I'd love to see it!

Kelly said...

That's AWESOME, Jenn! I wish NYC was having something like that! I'd love for Dan to record something! Can't wait to see yours if you can get the recording!

Daniel said...

Cool--and congrats!