Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Good Thing

I haven't been recording my Good Things on the blog lately, but my life is still full of 'em. (I do try to put them on Twitter!)

Here's one: the Director of the enrichment program where Ryan takes chess just sent an email reminding people to bring peanut-free snacks to the End of the Year Party tomorrow. (There are a couple other kids with PA at the center, too.) She didn't have to do that! I emailed a Thank You right away. It's those little things that make me always want to sign up my kids for classes with her program!

Another Good Thing: sitting outside on a lovely spring day with the kids, watching Ryan sell flowers at the flower store he's been setting up all afternoon. (Yes, I got pictures!)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

The spring weather makes everything seem better! I'd like to see those "flower store" pics!

Kelly said...

Can't wait for those pics. Ryan is just too cute. I love that entrepreneurial spirit!

Jennifer B said...

Smart idea, taking note of good things. It is so easy to focus on not-so-good things!

Kevin McAllister said...

The flower store is awesome! If I lived even remotely nearby I'd be stopping by to buy one. I am unequivocally in favor of lemonade stands. If there was a yearly walk supporting child entrepreneurship I'd go, and buy lemonade from everyone. Or better yet unsweetened tea.

Rational Jenn said...

Hey there! I love the Good Things idea--I'm much happier when I take the time to focus on the positive. Accentuate the positive, you know. Got the idea from Amy at The Little Things (http://amymossoff.com).

Ryan is such an entrepreneur--I was the same way as a kid. I organize a bottle cap collection business (we collected them--nobody wanted to buy them for some reason!) and ran a magazine (Kid Press--think my grandma still has copies!) and wrote and directed plays and did all kinds of stuff like that.

I always say--and I mean it!--that I don't care what my kids do when they grow up--as long as they move out of my house. (And as long as it's, you know, not immoral or anything--mafia hitman, for example). I know we won't have to worry about Ryan--he'll be able to support himself!