Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I'm Back, Baby!

My back is feeling much better today--and just in time. My kids are generally pretty helpful and amenable sorts, but no self-respecting limits-testing kid can go for too long with a Mommy who is unable to back up her words with actions and not attempt to push the envelope just a little.

Just now, I asked Morgan to do something, and she said "Nope. Uh-uh." in a tone of voice that, well, you can imagine.... So I stood up and said "Oh, I guess you're going to need my help with that, huh?" And her eyes got all big at me standing up and coming over that she got right to it immediately. Yeah. That's what I thought.

A similar Ryan situation occurred, with somewhat less success, due to the fact that he is being such a little stinker lately. But he got the picture, too.

Really, though, I'd have been extremely disappointed if they didn't at least try.... :o)

No comments: