Thursday, May 14, 2009

Linky Dinky Doo!

I don't think it's possible for me to express just how happy I'll be this time next week when most of our kid activities are over for the summer. Especially because somehow my sunglasses have gone missing and I just had to sit outside at Morgan's soccer game for an hour and a half without them. Must get some more soon--I have to wear prescription sunglasses due to my terrible eyesight, so losing my sunglasses is a really Bad Thing.

Okay. I'm all done complaining about my sunglasses. For now. I might start up again later (you have been warned!).

I've got a few things I need you to check out.

First, the 96th edition of the Objectivist Round Up can be found this week at Try Reason! John is a first-time host and did a great job, so be sure to stop by and check out the many great posts this week.

Alisa at Go Dairy Free is hosting the Food Allergy Awareness Week edition of the Living with Food Allergies carnival. LOTS of great stuff--don't miss it! If I haven't mentioned this before, our food allergy carnival would be a good resource for people who are new to food allergies, or even friends and family, so be sure to spread the word!

Tomorrow is our FAAW Twitter party, so go get your Twitter account and log in to your favorite Twitter search site (actually, I'd love some ideas for different ones, leave 'em in the comments). I'm looking forward to the discussion--there will be questions, answers, prizes, links for further research--it will be a great way to learn about food allergies and get to know some of the best food allergy bloggers/tweeters around (if I do say so myself!). Hope to see you there!

This is pretty neat: the 2009 winners of the best visual illusions contest! Really wild stuff. Love it!

And last, but certainly not least, my friend Kelly has a blog! And she told me I could tell you about it, so click over and give her a wave!

PS: Here's a link I forgot to include originally. The Thinking Mother offers some tips for those of us raising independent children. Good stuff and something I need to work on getting better at myself.


Jane Anne said...

I missed submitting something for the carnival but I will have to remember to do that next time. In the meantime, I blogged about it and the Twitter party today. Thanks for all the great info.

It is Food Allergy Awareness Week. Read my latest allergy post: Thursday Thanks Tank: Allergy Thankfulness

Rootie said...

ah, sunglasses. Since getting contacts several years ago, I've lost many pair.

Being the geeky, "what's this 'style' thing everyone is talking about" kind of person, I actually like my glasses to have the photochromic lenses (Transitions or other brand names) that change darker when you're outside. Sunglasses never lost when you have to have them to see. Only downsides are a minor lag stepping indoors from a bright day and having to wear sunglasses till they lighten up, and having to roll down the car window a little bit to get some UV while driving sometimes, but other than that, I love'em.

Of course, I still prefer my contacts and a good pair of polarized sunglasses, now if only I could remember where I put them...