Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Objectivist Round Up!

The latest edition of the Objectivist Round Up Blog Carnival can be found at The Little Things. Stop by and tell Amy hello!

It's been a busy day. We had our last music class and soccer game of the respective seasons. They're fun, but wow am I glad to be done and I'm seriously looking forward to a little more unscheduled time this summer.

Let's see, what else? I filled out the final monthly "attendance" form for our first homeschool year. I'm so happy to have that stupid obligation fulfilled (until September when it starts all over again). Now the state knows that Ryan has "attended" 180 days of homeschool. Bully for them. I'm torn between extreme irritation at the ridiculousness of it and worry that someday, someone in the state bureaucracy will realize how ridiculous it is and insist on something truly awful. I guess I prefer irritation to worry.

Morgan's butterflies broke out of their chrysalides yesterday and are flying around their little butterfly habitat. It's very neat; we've been watching them all day. Tomorrow we'll set them free.

I hope to add more pictures to the FamBlog tonight or tomorrow, so stay tuned!

And that's all for now, with apologies for the disjointedness of this post. Sean is hitting his toddler stride a month early and has enthusiastically interrupted the writing of this post half a dozen times through acts of wanton destruction and/or self-violence. The human species is only around today because of the effectiveness of our skulls in protecting our brains. It's true!

No comments: