Friday, May 15, 2009

A Success!

The #FoodAllergy Twitter party was a success! The #foodallergy tag made it to #9 on the Trending Topics list. Talk about raising awareness. Go us!

Met some nice people there (wave) and hope to get more interest in the blog carnival (reading and participating). Had some nice discussions, too.

We did get some meanie party crashers, which is to be expected I guess, although I was sorely disappointed in the quality of the "humor." I wonder if we'll have some more crashers tonight--on one hand, it's a Friday night, so maybe people have better things to do than sit in front of Twitter (I don't, obviously!). On the other, more people know about the next party (tonight at 10:30pm Eastern). One person claims to be planning to crash. I hope not. Really. If you have anything ugly to say, then just keep it to yourself!

Complete non sequitur: I posted this on Twitter earlier, before the party: I find it ironic in the extreme that the people who stole money from our HOA now have a "Don't Tread On Me" flag hanging off of their house. Oh sure, go ahead and make a stand for rights--only it's okay when you steal from your neighbors for years and years. There's a part of me that is longing to say something. Although I won't because I'm way too mature (ha!), but mostly I know there's very little point in starting up something. But honestly. Do they not get it? (I know, I know....)

Bye for now, gotta do something about this disaster area I call a family room!

2 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Yeah, I don't get the crashing at all. So lame.

Jennifer B said...

It's kinda sad there are twitter party crashers. Imagine having so little to do that you show up at parties online to make inappropriate remarks to a bunch of strangers? Wow.

I would love to see #foodallergy reach #1. That would be great!