Thursday, June 04, 2009

Bloggus Interruptus

I'm outta here for a few days to attend my grandfather's funeral. :o( I'm glad I get to go, but I'm sad about leaving Ryan and Morgan and Brendan behind. Although I know they will have lots of fun while I'm gone!

I'm hoping the baby will do okay on the plane--I think he will. It helps that we have an evening flight. After the initial excitement of getting there and getting settled in, I hope he'll sleep. My sister is going to be on our same flight, so I have some backup (yay!). Amazing how nice she is--makes me regret all of those years resenting the fact that we had to share a room. :o)

I'm returning on Sunday to hit the ground running. On Monday we finally get our cow (I'll call her "Daisy") and the going to pick her up promises to be an interesting experience. Then Monday night, Ryan is testing for his green belt in taekwondo--yay! The rest of next week is the run up to Sean's birthday party and Morgan's ballet recital, for which I have volunteered to be the backstage mom for her class. Just thinking about this is making me tired. Maybe I'll get a bit of a rest out in California. Maybe?

I just don't have enough hours in the day! I have a couple of parenting posts in progress, and I thought I'd have time to get at least one of them out before leaving for California, but alas. I'm bringing my netbook, so maybe I'll get a few minutes to update here and there. Or maybe Tweet.

In the meantime, I hope you don't miss me too much. And don't forget to stop by Erosophia later today for the 99th edition of the Objectivist Round Up!

In the words of the illustrious Bart Simpson, "Smell ya later!"

6 comments:

Monica said...

You're getting a cow? How come I haven't heard about this!? :)

Rational Jenn said...

Ah, we're getting 1/4 of a cow, all cut up into yummy steaks and ground beef. Daisy was grass fed and pastured and I know she'll be delicious! :o)

And now I'm REALLY leaving for the airport! I'll wave as I pass by Colorado!

Monica said...

Ah, I see! Not a milk cow... lol. :)

Kelly Elmore said...

Jenn, could you please get a milk cow? Milks cows are too much fun not to have one!

Monica said...

Well, seriously, I thought for a moment that this is what she meant! I know you are into WAPF, Kelly, so I thought it not beyond possibility.... hee!

Personally, I think my line is drawn at chickens and home gardening. I just don't want to milk morning and night for 10 months. Ever.

Kelly Elmore said...

Who said "Smell ya later" first, Bart or the Fresh Prince of Belair?