Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

We are leaving for the Outer Banks on Friday! I've been very calm and relaxed about the packing for the most part, no really! However, I think I'm perhaps not so chill as I imagined myself because I kept waking up last night and thinking of other things we need to bring.

Then I remembered my Things We Can't Leave Home Without list from last year (but it had a different title last year), and all is much calmer again. Here it is:

  • Children (Do you know I do a head count every time we get in the car? For real!)
  • Insulin and paraphernalia
  • Epi-pens and Benadryl
  • Wallets (including IDs, money, magic money cards)
  • Brendan's computer
  • Cell phones and chargers
  • A couple of diapers
Everything else, we can get somewhere along the way if we have to. Honestly, even the prescriptions--we could--and have--gotten refills out of town before. But it's difficult for Brendan to function if his blood sugar is crazy high, and of course, I'd be so nervous traveling without an Epi-pen.

Now if we can just do something about Hurricane Bill! It looks like the hurricane-force winds will miss OBX, but even if it brushes up against the islands a bit, I don't think it would cause more than a day or two delay. If that happens, we'll hang out in Raleigh an extra day or two.

Today was the first day of Chess Class at the Georgia Enrichment Program for Homeschoolers! It was fun to see everyone and their children. Ryan was happy to get back into the swing of things, too. I took a picture and belatedly realized that this might be his first real official "back-to-school" picture ever. So here it is!


1st day of chess! Why NOT wear a green sweater (in Aug) with ... on Twitpic


By the way, that ensemble is his own design. I told him to wear "clean clothes." And that's what he came downstairs wearing. It was clean, so I left it alone! I think I'm the only mommy in Georgia who has a kid who regularly wears sweaters in the summer. And with shorts, too!

And I did have to get Morgan clothed for the first time in several days. :D Seems strange to see her in a dress, looking like a typical little girl.

Okay, enough procrastinating--I've got vacation supplies to put into the Staging Area! Swim toys and craft projects and snacks, oh my!

1 comment:

topsytechie said...

The only mom whose kid wears sweaters in the summer?? I think not!! ;) Check out this recent post from T-T: http://topsytechie.wordpress.com/2009/05/28/a-homeschoolers-wardrobe/