Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good Things about Today

Today has been a really good day! And you know what? I really needed one after the last 10 days or so. Here are some of the Good Things:

  • I'm finally feeling almost all the way better and even got the much-fabled Decent Night's Sleep last night!
  • Morgan had her very first class at one of our homeschool co-ops, and she LOVED it. She seemed so mature, walking into the classroom and talking to the teacher. She gets to do Show & Tell next week and is very excited about that. Sigh, my Big Girl.
  • I spoke to a friend I hadn't talked to in quite a long time. It was very nice to catch up with her!
  • Sean is back to his usual cheerful self. He's been "off" for so long with illness that I hadn't quite realized how much I missed his pleasant personality. He's been laughing and playful and chattering up a storm (we call it his Crazy Psycho Babble). He did break out into a rash this morning, which leads me to believe that his mystery fever from the weekend was either roseola or Fifth Disease. It doesn't seem to bother him too much.
  • Ryan played kindly and cheerfully with his siblings all afternoon, and proudly exclaimed that he "did better than his best" at Taekwondo tonight.
  • Brendan was offered the job he interviewed for last Friday! This will be a big change for us, since he hasn't worked as an employee for another company in over 7 years. He had hoped, I think, to get another big contract, but this opportunity came up and he couldn't turn it down. He's worked with one of the guys before (the guy who recommended him for the position), so I think we might owe that guy dinner, huh? Red Top Software will still stay open and functional--he has lots of little clients that only require routine maintenance. So no reason to close it down. The only drawback really, is the commute, but hopefully they'll let him go in a bit early and leave a bit early. We're both looking forward to the steady income, health benefits, and relatively work-free weekends!
  • This new job will not start until after our Disney vacation, so he gets to go with us! It was looking like I might have to travel down there with the kids all by myself. It's only 7-8 hours away, but STILL. So yay for not having to do that!
  • Also, I'm hoping this new job means we'll get the carpet replaced by hardwoods by the end of the year! Because now we don't have to use up all of our savings, you know, to live.
  • And finally, today is our 14th wedding anniversary! It's hard to believe that 14 years ago, I married the best person in the whole world. Best decision I ever made. :o) We didn't have the big celebration last night because we both still weren't feeling 100%. So we're saving that for next week. Tonight, we got to eat pizza with the kids and after Brendan and the big kids return from the grocery store, we're celebrating this great day with some ice cream!

And with that, I'm off to finish celebrating this awesome day!

5 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

A good day. A nice day. And a day with lots of good news. You've earned it after the week you had last week!

Hanah said...

I just found your blog the other day (via NoodleFood) and wanted to say how much I am enjoying it. I'm also a mom living in the Atlanta area. Our son is 13 months and I'm considering the career vs. homeschooling issue. So your perspective is very interesting to me.

Anyway, glad to hear you're having a good day.

Rosalie said...

Glad you had a terrific day! Best of luck to all of you as Brandon moves into the new job.

Wendy Hawksley said...

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful day and Happy Anniversary!!!

Carol Topp, CPA said...

I'm so pleased that your dd LOVED her homeschool co-op. I wrote a book (blatant ad here) to help start homeschool co-ops, so it's so nice to hear when they go well. I sometimes get e-mails from leaders when they don't go so well! Ha, ha.
Happy Anniversary!

Carol Topp, CPA
Author Homeschool Co-ops: How to Start Them, Run Them and Not Burn Out
www.HomeschoolCPA.com