Friday, October 30, 2009

Feel Good Song of the Day (Blast from the Past Edition)

One of my college friends posted this song to Facebook yesterday. Oh, the memories! I think she and I must have listened to this song thousands of times.

I just watched the video and it made me feel like I'm actually sitting outside Heavilon Hall on a cool autumn morning, Shakespeare notebook in hand, listening to cassette tapes on my Walkman! (And it's such a good song that I don't even feel as OLD as I should feel actually admitting I listened to cassette tapes on my Walkman!)

Here it is, "The Whole of the Moon" by The Waterboys:



It's such a great song about living passionately, with a vision for the future. Here's a few of my favorite lines (all of the lyrics are on the Youtube page):

I was grounded
While you filled the skies
I was dumbfounded by truths
You cut through lies
I saw the rain-dirty valley
You saw Brigadoon
I saw the crescent
You saw the whole of the moon!

I spoke about wings
You just flew
I wondered, I guessed, and I tried
You just knew
I sighed
But you swooned
I saw the crescent
You saw the whole of the moon!
The whole of the moon!


This post is dedicated with love and laughter and lots of fond memories to Sheila!

3 comments:

Doug Reich said...

OMG, what a great memory. I happen to be visiting my alma mater today and writing this at their computer lab. College and the Waterboys - oh, the memories

thanks

Kelly Elmore said...

Wow, I haven't heard that one before. What a fantastic song!!

Sheila said...

Thanks Jenn those were such angsty fun times coffee, a journal, a pen, and the walkman!! I remember you introducing me to the Smiths and I think of the campus at Purdue every time I hear them!!