Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Good Things (Today Edition)

  • I completed my latest parenting post, and it felt great! Some posts I can whip out pretty quickly, but this was definitely not one of those. It had been stirring inside of me for a while, so it's good to get that out of my head! (It's below, and it's long, so read it at your own risk.)
  • Yaron Brook's talk was GREAT! And, I got to meet him. Nice guy. :o) There were over 100 people in attendance, and I knew a goodly percentage of them, too.
  • I had a revelation today--I am not restricted to cooking at predesignated cooking times (breakfast, lunch, dinner). I can cook any old time I want to and when it's convenient for ME, and therefore, I'll be roasting my chicken tomorrow afternoon around 2 or 3. Yes, this may sound strange, but I was stressing out about when to roast this chicken because of Ryan's Taekwondo class and the lecture tonight. Then I figured out--hey! I'm the Boss of Me and who says I can't roast a chicken in the middle of the afternoon? :o)
Good Day.

3 comments:

Kelly Elmore said...

I cook at weird times of the day most days! I wish I had mentioned this before. Who can really cook at 6 pm? That person must be supermom or superdad, cause that is just the worst time of the day for craziness. Sometimes I cook late at night. After Livy is in bed and Aaron is engrossed with his computer, I can just cook in peace.

Hanah said...

I'm so sad I had to miss the talk -- my son got sick. You never know with toddlers. They're fine one day and not the next.

Rational Jenn said...

Oh Hanah, I understand! I hope he's feeling better. Sorry we couldn't meet up, but maybe next time! Are you on FB? If so, you can friend me and I will let you know of more Objectivist gatherings in Atlanta. We're trying to get a bit more organized.