Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Picture of the Day


My grandfather in Vietnam, in the late 1960s. This is one of my favorite pictures of him. Truly. Doesn't he look ruggedly handsome? :o) He was a veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, and had a purple heart to prove it.

I wish I had a picture of my other grandfather in uniform (I know someone does, just not me). He was a veteran of WWII, and worked as a civilian for the Army as his career.

And I also really wish I had a picture of my dad in uniform, maybe on his submarine. He's a veteran of the Cold War (he couldn't have gone to Vietnam even if he hadn't been in the Navy because of my grandfather). His job on the sub was to keep the nuclear engines glowing, uh, going. :o) Maybe he can email me a picture of his Navy days.

Thank you, Veterans!

2 comments:

Wendy Hawksley said...

Thanks to your father and grandfathers for their service to our country!

Dennis said...

When I first saw this picture, I thought it might be a Normal Rockwell painting. It really looks like a lot of his work. Definitely an excellent picture.