Monday, November 30, 2009

Some Scintillating Monday Morning Random Ramblings

I have such an exciting week ahead of me! In fact, it's apparently so exciting that I can't get up and going this morning one little bit. I'm feeling very lounge-y.

So far, I've lounged around in bed with the baby, enjoying snuggle time and a rousing dozen or so rounds of Peekaboo.

I lounged around on the couch with Morgan for awhile, listening to her recount her many dreams from last night (a pig dressed as a Redcoat!).

I lounged around some more on the couch watching Ryan play Age of Mythology, on the Greek side of the Trojan War (thinking that's the side you want to be on). We also worked on saying the name "Agamemnon." That's a tricky one!

I even tried to lounge in front of the computer here, but my desk is not set up in a lounge-friendly manner. Probably for the best, really.

Anyway, this week will be exciting, I tell ya! In addition to resuming our normal activity schedule of Taekwondo and Chess and Bird Class, I'm going to Jane Nelsen's lecture Wednesday night and attending an all-day workshop given by her on Thursday! I've never met her in person before, so I'm excited about that. This is a regular workshop for parents to learn practical Positive Discipline tools for every day use. Yay! One of these days, I'll take the workshops geared toward people who want to become Positive Discipline Educators. Because I'm planning to do that, did you know? :o) Then I can teach classes locally (and abroad, if someone wants to pay for me to do so!) to other parents interested in using non-punitive discipline techniques with their kids. That's a long-term goal--for now, I'm happy to be taking the workshop on Thursday. And! She invited me (and Kelly!) to dinner with her on Tuesday night, so I'm going to meet her tomorrow!

It's such a treat to be able to take a whole day away from the kids. Brendan is taking a vacation day to keep them on Thursday and run them around to their activities--another treat, since he hasn't had a paid vacation day in years (well, I guess he just had one on Thanksgiving). There are pros and cons, working as an employee, but one of the pros is definitely paid vacation. Sure, he had lots more flexibility when working on his own, but every. single. time. he took time off, he was not getting paid. So his flexibility was fun, but the Not Getting Paid was always at the back of our minds. And his job is going pretty well, btw. They think he's a smarty-farty and he has his own office and they are very nice there. (Having worked for crazy psycho screaming people, NICE is always a plus in my book.) If only they'd let him have some flexibility with his hours, it'd be a near-perfect employee situation. Currently, they want him there from 8:30 to 5:30 which means he spends waaaaaay too much time in Atlanta traffic, which generally bites.

Let's see, what else? Oh, I'm giving blood on Wednesday, which I haven't done in zillions of years. The blood drive is being held at the homeschool co-op, and since I'm going to be there anyway, I might as well donate! The nephew of the co-op director is fighting leukemia, so we're all donating in his honor.

And somewhere along the way, we'll be taking Brendan's car in for a new timing belt. Super fun.

I'm getting excited for the holidays, too. Are you? If you need something to put you in the holiday mood, check out these lovely drinks at 3 Ring Binder. And--complete non-sequitur here--if you'd like a laugh (and a glimpse into life with a toddler), check out this post at Reservation for Six.

And now, back to my regular lounging schedule, because when I contemplate all that's ahead of me, no wonder I'm in the mood to lounge this morning! Yay for homeschooling, by the way--we can listen to history in our lounge wearing lounge clothes, just lounging around. :o)

By the way, did you notice that my somewhat alliterative post title is very S-M-R themed? (Sean-Morgan-Ryan) I didn't even notice until AFTER I came up with it!

No comments: