Thursday, December 03, 2009

In Which I Strongly Encourage You to Join Twitter

Apart from the obvious reason (to follow little ol' me), you need to join Twitter NOW and follow DRUNK HULK. He is the funniest thing on the Twitter, and there are lots of funny things on Twitter.


He's literate (classical and cultural):

SHALL DRUNK HULK COMPARE BEER TO SUMMER DAY? YOU MORE BUBBLY! MORE TEMPERATE! ROUGH WIND SHOOKS FROSTY BUD!

DRUNK HULK MAKE APPOINTMENT WITH JOSS WHEDON FRIDAY NIGHT! THEN DRUNK HULK TOTALLY CANCEL! STOP ACT SO SURPRISED WHEDON!

NO MEAN TO OFFEND OBSRUCTIVIST! IT BEER TALKING! DRUNK HULK LIKE RAND! EVEN LIKE HER CHOOSE OWN ADVENTURE JANUARY NIGHT PLAY!



Although a bit confused about how to cook Thanksgiving dinner:

DO EVERY BODYS TURKEY CRY SO MUCH WHEN YOU COOK IT IN OVEN? IT SO LOUD!

APPARENTLY TURKEY SHOULD BE DEAD BEFORE COOKING! WISH DRUNK HULK KNEW THAT BEFORE STUFFING STUPID BIRD! TODAY WORST DAY EVER!



And is bugged by that Alanis Morrisette song like me:

THING DRUNK HULK WANT SMASH! IRONY/IRONIC! NO USE WORD UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEAN! DRUNK HULK NO CARE WHAT ALANIS SAY!



You can thank me later.

7 comments:

Bill Brown said...

I can normally appreciate such things, but for the life of me I don't get the DRUNK HULK love.

D. Jason Fleming said...

Gotta toot my own horn: The Obstructivist tweet was in response to me, and it made my day.

http://twitter.com/deejf/status/6315967374

Choose Your Own Adventure. I'm still giggling. :)

Rational Jenn said...

Bill, oh my goodness, I think Drunk Hulk is too funny. Not 100% (but who is funny all the time?). But I often actually LOL when I read those tweets. The turkey ones especially had me going. Perhaps I'm easily tickled.

Deejf, I saw that! Very cool, because he doesn't usually respond to people! The "Choose Your Own Adventure" thing killed me. Partly because I was such a big fan of those books as a kid, also because I loved that aspect of the play.

Oooh! Do they still have those Choose Your Own Adventure books? I bet Ryan would LOVE those. His reading is getting stronger all the time.....Oooh ooh ooh! I'm going to go find out!

Rational Jenn said...

Also, while the primary purpose of this post was to provide free advertising for Drunk Hulk and describe my sense of humor, I also had a more insidious secondary motive. There is someone-in-my-family-who-remains-unnamed who refuses to join FB or Twitter and I'm trying to show this person that Twitter is fun! I hope she agrees--and you can join Twitter anonymously, you know!!!!!

D. Jason Fleming said...

I doubt they made it out of the early '90s, but I'm sure you can find them cheap at some used bookstore. Can't imagine they command a high price.

Another series he might like, which I loved as a kid, is the Three Investigators books. If you can find original editions (Library sales!), Alfred Hitchcock is a mentor character. And if you have to go reprints, most of the stories are still quite fun and appealing to young boys. The Investigators' HQ is in a forgotten mobile home buried deep in an uncle's junkyard, with various secret entrances and passages leading to it. :)

Bill Brown said...

I'll second The Three Investigators series wholeheartedly. It had a big impact on my childhood. As did The Mad Scientist's Club (there's apparently a sequel recently published posthumously).

D. Jason Fleming said...

I strongly second The Mad Scientists Club. Good gravy, he'll go nuts over those.

And if you enjoy reading out loud to your kids, Brandon Sanderson's current Alcatraz Smedry books are a hoot (all titles start off with "Alcatraz versus...", and there are three so far).