Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I've Lost That Lounge-y Feeling

Ahhhh, the best laid plans. Jane Nelsen is sick and had to cancel her trip to Atlanta. :o( Hopefully, she'll be on the mend soon. She's rescheduled her workshop/lecture for January, so all is not lost! Actually, it might be easier to go after the holidays anyway.

While I'm disappointed that I won't be doing the PD workshop (etc.) this week, this change of plans has had the effect of making me feel as if I've found all kinds of extra time in my life. I woke up this morning all on fire to Get Things Done! So far I've done the dishes and handled a couple of cabin matters. Next up, laundry (ugh) and more History at our House! We listened to about 4 hours of it yesterday, and we're all just in a big history mood around here, so we're going to listen to more today. Ryan is eager for the Persians to move into the Fertile Crescent and create their Empire. I am not making that up.

Brilliant strategist and experienced Age of Empires General that he is, Ryan found it perfectly natural that the Egyptians and Assyrians called a truce and teamed up to fight the common Bad Guy, but those deceitful Chaldeans broke away from Assyria and messed up those plans, allowing Persia the opportunity to swoop in and control everything! (My timeline might be off a bit, but I assure you that HE has the strategy and timeline correct--I was only half-listening because I had to keep the baby occupied AND ooh and ahh over each of Morgan's 9,000 pictures of Santa Claus and the Grinch that she drew for me.)

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!

1 comment:

Dr. Jane Nelsen said...

Jenn, I'm impressed that you would blog about my illness and find the positive. I hope it will be easier for many to come after the holidays.
I am really looking forward to coming to Atlanta and have been so warmed by the enthusiasm that has been generated. I'm looking forward to meeting you in January.