Saturday, December 05, 2009

LinkFest

Oh the humanity! It was snowing when I woke up this morning. Thankfully none of it is sticking (ground's too warm and saturated with water anyway). It was nice to watch the large flakes softly falling, safe in the knowledge that there's no possibility of having to shovel any of it. After fifteen years in Atlanta, I do not miss wintry precipitation, not one bit. My kids, on the other hand . . . but when they're grownups they can move and shovel if they so choose.

And now for some Linky Love on this Saturday morning:


The Rule of Reason has the 125th edition of the Objectivist Round Up! Good stuff.

Amy wrote a response to my Discipline without Rewards post, and the ensuing discussion in the comments has been interesting and thought-provoking. I like thought-provoking as a general rule. Also, there's some of that in the comments thread of my post. There's more to say on this topic, so I'm sure I'll find a way to keep adding to both comment threads, and add a future post or two.

I'd heard John Stossel was going over to Fox. What I didn't know is that his first show might feature Atlas Shrugged. :o) That's cool. Stossel isn't an Objectivist, but he is a "friendly" (I think). (via Yaron Brook on Twitter--did you know that most important news breaks on Twitter?)

Ari Armstrong has an excellent piece on the new FTC Blogging Guidelines that took effect on December 1. Jokes about my Momnipotence aside, these rules are a serious threat to free speech and individual rights. It's crazy. If I'm talking to a friend and recommend a product, then I'm fine (so far). But if I write it down here, well I'm required to follow these nebulous "guidelines." Very, very dangerous to free speech.

Oh! I almost forgot! John Lewis has gone through the Healthcare Bill for us. Do not miss this one.

Where's the uproar over the falsified climate data? It's distressing. But for a funny about Climategate, check out this post at Not PC. :o)



Well, that's enough to get you started for the weekend, yes? Do you have any fun plans? Ryan and Morgan are at the Home Depot Kids Workshop (that's their lack of apostrophe, not mine), and then off to TKD. Then . . . what? Not de-snowifying the sidewalks, that's for sure! In fact, I'd hoped Brendan could mow the lawn one last time this weekend. Usually we do it on Thanksgiving weekend, but that didn't happen.

Actually, my Christmas cards came in and so I'll work on those (they're SO cute!). And do some work on the 2010 calendar, which is what the kids always give to the grand- and great-grandparents. Other than that, I'm thinking just some general Nothing might be happening this weekend. Yay!

No comments: