Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Think I'm On Break

So far in 2010, I have had two major trends in my life: I've been super-productive in many different areas of my life; and I've been sick off-and-on for a month.

Two things you might think to be mutually exclusive, huh? I'm just as surprised as you are!

First we had colds, and then Sean had pink eye, and then I had pink eye (with sooper-dooper designer drugs with a price to match, since I can't take just any old antibiotic eye drop), and then Brendan and I got this second cold that seems be really hanging around. :(

The thing is, I really don't feel terrible. But in the last few days, I've noticed an exhaustion that seems to stay with me (waking up for several hours in the middle of the night several nights in a row for no apparent reason might contribute to that).

And it occurred to me that if I just slowed down a little then I might actually finish recovering from this cold. My Type 1 Diabetic husband--who typically gets sicker, and for a longer time, than I do--is all done with it. But I'm not. I'm better, I'm recovering. But very, very sloooooowly.

Also, we get new floors in ONE WEEK! I've decided to try to rest for the next couple of days so I can get all the way better in order to work work work work all over again. It will help that my awesome mother-in-law will be here for a few days. She will do more than her fair share of kid-wrangling, no doubt, which will help me get the rest I need.

So I'm going to be stepping away from the blog for a few days (unless I just have some super-compelling thing to say that just can't wait), and do quite a bit of Sitting Around and, if I'm really lucky, Napping. I've had a pretty low-key day today, actually, and we have nothing on the calendar for tomorrow. YAY.

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the movie Office Space:

I did nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be.

So, see you in a little bit, and have a nice weekend!


Deb said...

We've been wondering where you were, Jenn! Feel better.

Daisy said...

I hope a few days of rest will get you prepared for the FLOORING. We'll look forward to your return.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Sounds like you are on break. I have been having a month like yours--except no pink eye--just a virus that caused Pleurisy and this terrible lassitude.
Thanks for the quote. I think I'll use it!

Ryan said...

What ever will I do without my daily Rational Jenn fix?

Could it be allergies from all of the dust from moving stuff? Make sure you're getting your vitamins! Enjoy getting some rest, although I doubt you can remain still for very long.

...surely you can slip in a few short stories about the kids bringing you soup and such.

...nah, get some sleep.

jody said...

I love reading your blog but it sounds like you could use a break (it's the rational thing to do:) Looking forward to your return when everyone is up and running again.

Amy said...

I had almost the exact same thing from Thanksgiving through Christmas, but with the added bonus of water behind the ear.

I've had the same thing happen every winter for a few years now - a cold that lasts for a month or longer.

I think it's an affliction called "late thirties."

Anonymous said...

Cottage cheese and cold pressed liquid flax oil will boost your immune systems so you do not get these bogus sicknesses. The unsaturated fatty acids combine with protein very well.