Monday, February 22, 2010

Almost Famous?

As you may know, Brendan and I have decided to try to get the word peopleguy into the OED. And we're only half-joking about this.

Today we got a little closer to that goal, thanks to Twitter friends @deejf, @TreyPeden, and inebriated Twitter icon @DRUNKHULK!

Here's how it went down . . .

First, @deejf suggested :
I've decided that I want to see drunkhulk use the word peopleguys in a tweet. No idea how to facilitate that, though.


@TreyPeden took a direct approach :
POSTS THIS LINK FOR @DRUNKHULK BETTER UNDERSTAND "PEOPLEGUYS" http://bit.ly/csuQM3
(This link is to my article about peopleguys, here on the blog.)


Not very much longer later, @DRUNKHULK responded to our wishes!

@DRUNKHULK: FIRST RIOT! NOW SOME PEOPLEGUY PISTOL WHIP AT CHUCK E. CHEESE! THEY SHOULD CHANGE NAME TO CHUCK E. NORRIS!


And also directly responded to me with :
@rationaljenn DRUNK HULK TIRE OF PEOPLEGUYS LIKE YOU TELL DRUNK HULK WHAT SAY!


But really, I think DRUNK HULK likes it when I boss him, as most people I boss enjoy the experience as well. :o)

I do feel almost famous, after this brush with actual celebrity! :P And since you like it when I boss you, I'll tell you to use peopleguy in a sentence today! The OED peopleguys aren't going to just add any old word now!

Really, I've been smiling ever since!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DRUNK HULK NO CELEBRITY! BUT THANK!