Tuesday, February 02, 2010

It Was 105 Years Ago Today . . .

. . . Ayn Rand was born in Russia. Here's the quotation I have as my Facebook status today:

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it’s yours. - Ayn Rand

That quotation was taken from Atlas Shrugged, a novel which everyone ought to read (in my opinion!). It's more meaningful and relevant than ever.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Great quote Jenn. I think I'll copy it!

Col. Hogan said...

I'm glad you posted that quote. I've been feeling kind of down ltely. Maybe I listen to too much news.....

That quote helps a lot! Thanks!

Such Lovely Freckles said...

Everybody ought to print that out and put it on their fridges.