Sunday, March 21, 2010

Eight Months

My 40th birthday is a mere eight months away, November 21, 2010.

I hereby grant you permission to start celebrating NOW, as I plan to do for the rest of the year--yes, all the way to December 31! Why not?

It may sound strange, but I'm PUMPED about my birthday. I have never been so happy, so productive, so . . . dare I say it . . . rational in my whole entire life, and as far as I can see, things will only get better! Not that bad things won't happen; don't misunderstand. But the things that are within my control ARE in my control. And that knowledge is such a comfort and source of happiness in its own right.

So, what should I do for my birthday today? I think I'll make dinner and spend time with my family. Now what will you do to celebrate my birthday? Something selfish, I hope. :o)

3 comments:

Ansley said...

ABSOLUTELY NOT. This is a big birthday and you have to celebrate in a big way. It would be irrationally selfish to not party with everyone who loves you! (Or at least those who love you and cocktails and live close enough.)

topsytechie said...

Now that's just wild, Jenn, because my 40th is coming up on November 20th!! I'll DEFINITELY be able to remember your birthday, lady!!

Berniece M. Randall said...

I really smiled on this though and said to myself, why not!

Let me greet you in advance: May you have a wonderful birthday! Hope that looking back in your 40 years will give you a seamless amount of joy and satisfaction. What your doing is just great as the old saying goes: carpi diem :>

Happy 40th Birthday in Super Advance!