Friday, April 16, 2010

Cultivating the Virtues Podcast #1

Hooray! I am pleased to announce that our first Cultivating the Virtues Podcast is live!

We couldn't have done this without Brendan, who oh-so-patiently helped us recover lost files and made it sound pretty. Oh yeah, and he listened to me stress out and complain a whole bunch, too. :o)

I think it's pretty good for a first effort. We learned from the first two podcasts and made some changes for podcasts 3-6, all of which have been recorded and just need to be put together and made purty. We are really REALLY hoping that the process goes much more smoothly with podcasts 2-6. Not having corrupted files will really help that, I think. Speaking of corrupted files, there are a few spots in Podcast 1 that may sound strangely cutoff, and those were bits of the non-recoverable files. We're all just going to have to deal. :o)

Anyway, I'm SO excited! Kelly and I have been enjoying ourselves and we have some exciting new things we'll be adding, too. You can listen to this below (it's in mp3 format), or click over to our podbean site to download it.


3 comments:

sara said...

Nice introduction. I like the cute theme music and it's interesting to hear the voices behind the blogs!

One technical note: it's pretty disconcerting to have you each speaking only in one ear. It wasn't as bad when I was listening over the computer speakers, but on the headphones (the way I would normally listen to a podcast) it was really a problem.

Jenn Casey said...

Thanks for listening Sara! I can't express how amazingly nervous I am about this. So strange.

Thanks also for the feedback on the stereo thing. Unfortunately it couldn't be avoided due to our other massive technical FAILS that needed to be overcome, but it is disconcerting. Brendan and I were discussing ways to improve the mixing of the next podcast, and changes to the way we record future podcasts. We've recorded 6 so far, so if we can't fix the mixing, we'll at least fix the recording beginning with podcast #7.

Thanks again!

Ryan said...

Absolutely fantastic! I look forward to future podcasts. I'm going to type up an email question right now. Thank you for your efforts!