We had 10 new members join us, and our current membership is now 202!
Topics discussed included:
- A continuation of a previous discussion about children and nudity
- A continuation of a previous discussion about a specific scenario where a child stole and then lied
- Maria Montessori
- Stop National Standards, which opposes the proposed Common Core State Standards Initiative (national educational standards). By the way, the last day for public comment is today!
- A recommendation for Guide Your Child
- A recommendation for a video about the empirical evidence of abuse on children's minds
- A new children's book about capitalism and entrepreneurship
- Easter/Springtime Traditions
- A couple of people shared blog posts they'd written about parenting (including me), and those blog posts covered Parenting Q&A, Capturing Precious Times, Kids and Extracurricular Activities, and the Family Meeting Positive Discipline tool.
It's my hope that the list becomes even more active, and that non-blogging parents will share more stories about their families.
By the way, Diana has launched three more OLists! There's OGardeners (managed by Kelly), OShooters (which makes me think of bars instead of guns!), and OProducers (hopefully there will be lots of good GTD ideas on that one). Check 'em out!