What have I been up to recently? Let me count the ways:
- My sister came for the weekend and she's such a nice houseguest. Hard to believe I could barely stand to share a bedroom with her for all those years . . .
- Marietta Greek Festival, Opa! It started out rocky, with a sick-feeling Ryan. Turns out, he hadn't eaten at all that day (it was about 1:00 when we arrived), and once he had some keftedes in his system, he perked right up.
- Keftedes--greek meatballs, made with cinnamon. Greeks pronounce it kef-teh-dehs (short e all the way). Morgan pronounces it kef-titties. Heh. Yes, my sense of humor stopped maturing around the 7th grade.
- Also, dolmathes, and souvlaki and spanakopita. My no sugar and wheat thing for the last six months or so had a curious result--I wasn't even interested in trying a pastry! They looked good, just didn't sound good, if that makes any kind of sense.
- We've been swimming four times in the last five days. I love that summer comes early to Georgia, and I'm especially loving having the pool all to ourselves in the mid-morning/early afternoon (school's still in session).
- Making some awesome Vitamin D3! Miss Morgan is brown brown brown.
- Worked on MiniCon a little bit, and got some awesome news that someone I've long wanted to meet is coming (YEAH!), and solved our babysitter issue, and prepped for tomorrow's AOS Social.
- Netflix streaming = canceling cable for good.
- Netflix streaming = Buffy. When my sis was here, we watched the first few episodes of the first season just for kicks. The writing was stellar from the get-go (I'm talking specifically about dialogue). Why couldn't they have done that for Angel (which we're still slogging through)?
- I'm officially a Positive Discipline Trainer Candidate (PDTC) and will receive the manuals and instructions for the secret handshake in the mail very soon.
- Brendan got an iPad. I know, that's Brendan's news, really, but the upside of it is that I get his laptop, which will make recording podcasts much easier!
- The next podcast should come out tomorrow (I think).
- We went to the library and checked out eleventy-gazillion books. I hope we'll be able to find them all when it's time to return them.
- We've played Beatles Rock Band a few times in the last week, and I'm pretty awesome on bass, let me just tell you.
- Thanks to my sister, I tasted a gin that didn't taste utterly revolting.
- This is the last week of kid activities for the summer, although it looks like we'll be heading back to TKD in June.
- And today's Brendan's birthday, which means I'm almost 39-and-a-half! :D
There's more, oh, lots more. See what happens when we are all feeling better and back up to full strength? I'm taking over the world, I tell ya! Unless that's Diana taking over the world, and it probably is. Maybe I'll be a henchman. I bet henchman still keep pretty busy.
How have you been Captaining your Soul lately?