Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day O'Fun

Today was the first day of classes at our local homeschool co-op! Morgan and Ryan are both in chess now. For those of you familiar with "Morgany Chess," please be assured that she has agreed to learn the rules to regular chess and abide by them in class. :o)




First Day of Chess Class! #homeschool #fb on Twitpic


Setting up pieces before class

This is the biggest year yet for the co-op--54 families, which works out to be about 150 kids or so. Take that, people who think homeschooled kids never see the light of day!





First Day of Homeschool Co-Op! Feel the enthusiasm for pictures! on Twitpic


Proof that homeschooled kids see the light of day. It makes them squinty.

Even though our kid activities have begun again, even though I've sent in our homeschooling paperwork, I am not at all ready for summer to be over. We haven't even been to the beach yet! (We leave in 9 days.) I also find it highly ridiculous that the school systems are allowed to change the length of the school year to suit their budgets, but I am still required to mark an X on a form for 180 days, beginning September 1. Craziness.

In other news, after a fairly relaxing afternoon in which Morgan learned two new piano songs (and I played the accompaniment for one of them with her), Ryan helped me clean out the pantry, and Sean "helped" me do other work around the house, Brendan and I are going out tonight to see a friend who is in town for a few days. We're trying out a new babysitter, which is bittersweet. We love our old sitter, but she is married, expecting a baby, and just bought a house yesterday! So it's time to move on. We all really liked meeting our new sitter, and I hope she is able to keep up with the TALKING that she will no doubt encounter tonight.

If you are wondering where I'll be for the rest of the week, look for me by the pool! I leave you with Some Cute.



Little Man! #fb on Twitpic




Last one, I promise! on Twitpic




Can't. Stop. The Cute. #fb on Twitpic


I'm glad the older two are in only one class this session; it was hot outside with the Cutie Man!

No comments: