Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vacation

Even though I'm excited for our vacation, I can't seem to get up the gumption to, you know, pack. I think I just like the feeling of a deadline looming. And 24 hours just seems too far away somehow.

But in 24 hours we'll be on our way (with or without clean, folded clothing) to the beach, and friends, and a deliriously delicious rum drink called Peach Vacation! I'm also very happy that I decided against getting Sean his first haircut before the beach, because he is all blond and curly and I think he'll look just like a real-live Surfer Dude Peopleguy.

I hope you have fun while I'm away! I plan to be away from the blog for a good bit, but I will check in on Twitter, with obligatory road trip pictures of cuteness. And you know I won't be able to stay away from the OList Twitter party next week! (I think it will be Tuesday.)

TTFN!

2 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I am having the same problem. I have known we are going to spend the weekend at our ranch for nearly two weeks, but it took me until yesterday to lift up the phone and call to board the dogs.
I have not food shopped--it's 60 mile roundtrip to the nearest store--and I still have laundry to attend to. So what next on my day's agenda? Write a blog entry.

C. August said...

I think Sean will quickly learn that the essence of surfing is that one is most emphatically not a peopleguy, dude. One is a dude. Peopleguys are peopleguys, with peopleguy duties and responsibilities and such. Surfer dudes are just dudes. Waves, sand, sun, and hot chicks. The Sean abides.