Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Discovery Toys Fundraiser

I am pleased to announce a big fundraiser for the Atlanta Objectivist Society! I've been a Discovery Toys Peopleguy for a few years (joined up to get the discount on educational toys) and am planning to retire at the end of this year. But I thought it would be nice to go out on a high note!

If you are unfamiliar with Discovery Toys, they are a company that's been around for about 30 years and they specialize in creating fun, durable, educational toys for children from birth through about 10 years of age.

AOS has had a great start this year, and we have big plans for the future. To make some of these plans happen, we need funding. 100% of the proceeds from this fundraiser will go to AOS to pay for advertising, the website, and future events such as MiniCon 2011.

So . . .

If you have children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins, neighbor kids, etc. on your Christmas shopping list this year, please consider buying something from DT! The kids will love the toys and AOS will benefit! Also, please pass along the website address and/or a catalog to other family and friends who are shopping for their children!


To learn about the toys, go to the website and check out the catalog. I also have a couple dozen catalogs which Kelly or I will pass out at AOS events. If you have questions about any of the toys, please email or call me.


The fundraiser will be ongoing during the month of November. 100% of the proceeds (after costs) of any orders placed through me or the website from today until the end of November will go to the Atlanta Objectivist Society.


Here's the website: http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/jenncasey

In you are in Atlanta: You can place an order through the website, or complete an order form and return it to me. You can also email me with your order number. If you need help with the website, let me know. If you choose to complete an order form/email and you are local, I will enter your order directly into the DT system. The advantage to this is that if I'm entering lots of orders all at once, AOS will become eligible for a cash bonus (amount determined by the amount of toys ordered)!

If you are Out-of-Town: Place orders through the website only.


If you order online, use your credit card.

If you order via email or order form, you can use cash, check (made out to me) or credit card (all credit card numbers are kept confidential and I destroy any written record of them after processing your order). You can email me for more details.


Orders placed through the website will ship directly to you. It usually takes about 5-7 business days to receive your order.

Orders placed through me (via order form or email) will be entered into the system at the end of November. Your toys should be delivered directly to me during the first couple weeks of December and then I will make arrangements to get them to you.


Please feel free to forward this information or links to the website to your family and friends, even if they live outside of Atlanta! Anyone can participate, anywhere in the US! I plan to announce this on my blog, Twitter, FB, etc. and I encourage you to do the same.

I'm excited about sponsoring this fundraiser. Best of all, it's win-win: all proceeds after costs will go straight to the Atlanta Objectivist Society, and the kids in your lives will receive some awesome toys from you!

1 comment:

Buy Outdoor Toys said...

Thanks for sharing to this wonderful website with us. A great source of these kind of things are from Educational toys/Alex Toys or Learning Resources.