Monday, November 29, 2010

Still Celebrating!

I'm still celebrating my birthday, are you? I plan to celebrate the whole year through. I've long regarded my birthday, which must always fall before--but never on--Thanksgiving, as the official kick-off to the Holiday Season. I'm sure you have always viewed it this way, too.

So, since this was such a Big Fun Birthday and kicked off a Big Fun Holiday Season, I think it's only fitting and proper to continue the party until 2011 (dulce et decorum est ... um, my Latin is iffy--can you finish it for me?).

We had a nice longish weekend (Brendan had to work on Friday, but we met him for lunch, so that made it a bit easier) and the whole thing from Wednesday to Sunday felt like one long beautiful Sunday. Lovely. I made a rockin' awesome turkey (everyone said so) and food for Thanksgiving and we all had a fun time.

Now we have a few weeks of our regularly scheduled programs (homeschool co-op and Music Class and CrossFit--I am working on a post about this to come out later today or tomorrow). But because of my birthday it's officially The Holidays, there's lots more fun stuff happening, too. A Girl's Night later this week, the ATLOS Reason's Greetings party next week, decorating the house for Christmas, finishing up the Christmas shopping, figuring out how to get up to the cabin to decorate it for the holidays. Busy, busy, fun, fun.

Oh yes, don't forget--there's time to order Discovery Toys to benefit ATLOS! The fundraiser officially ends tomorrow, but if you put in your order by December 13, your toys will reach you before Christmas, and I'll still donate the proceeds to ATLOS.

Hope your weekend and Thanksgiving were as awesome as mine!

No comments: