Thursday, December 09, 2010

Good Things I'm Reading & Thinking About

  • Knitting Tips by Judy--so many helpful videos! Oh look, she has a Facebook page, too. I finished my first practice piece/scarf for Morgan. Miranda said it was pretty good for a first effort (thanks, darling!). I'll stick with long rectangles (aka, scarves) for now. Making a green one for Sean or Ryan, then a stripedy Gryffindor one for me! 
  • Crossfit--just browsing the site and reading articles. I'm particularly interested in learning about how you're supposed to know when it's time to try heavier weights. Right now I go up in weight when I notice I'm completing the workouts quickly or when I have more than a little reserve energy at the end. But is there some kind of good measure for this? I dunno. My trainer is helpful, but I suspect that I'm the only one who can really know when it's time, and I'm too newbie to know, and then there's that perfectionist thing and whatifI'mdoingitwrong, and also I don't want to get hurt! 

1 comment:

Kash said...

Oooh, I really enjoyed that book (The Case Against Adolescence. Another book that makes similar points but from a different perspective (and also a good read) is Escaping the Endless Adolescence. I admit I find myself particularly drawn to the subject as my youngest SIL gets ever-older and still lives like a restless college student. Sometimes I want to shake her and scream "Grow UP, already!!"