Monday, December 20, 2010

Good Things (Weekend Edition)

This might not be strictly Good Things, but rather an enumeration of What's What these past few days.

Sick--definitely not a Good Thing. But Ryan is all done with it, I'm all done with it (though exhausted from about 5 days or so of being up with Sean in the night), and Sean is nearly done with it. Brendan went down yesterday morning, and Morgan went down last night. And we had to reschedule our ATLOS Play Group holiday tea again. :( Because I am prone to look on the bright side of things--everyone should be well in time for Christmas and the arrival of Grandma and Grandpa!

My brother-in-law was in town for a quick visit over the weekend. Yay, we love Uncle B. and he and the kids really seemed to enjoy each other's company. I hate that most of us weren't feeling all the way well, but it made for a nice low-key let's-just-catch-up-on-all-the-news kind of visit.

Virtue of Selfishness discussion group yesterday--lots of fun! I've read the essays in the book several times, but this group is a good way for me to get to know others in ATLOS a little better, and the discussions get me thinking about things in a new way.

Knitting! I'm working on a scarf for Ryan--just a plain green-y one, with wool yarn and a smaller needle size. Garter stitch this time, because I'm not worried about forgetting how to purl and because I want it to lie flat. It's trickier than I thought, getting all of those rows even, but I'm improving all the time.

Lunar eclipse tonight! Well, technically tomorrow here on the East Coast I think. I'm going to wake up the kids (Ryan at least) to go see it. And honestly, Sean will probably be awake anyway, so he'll get to see it. I wish we could go to the fun science museum for the big lunar eclipse party, but that's just not gonna happen.

BB Gun--Ryan tried out his new BB gun yesterday and did not shoot his eye out. :P Actually, Brendan said he was a pretty decent shot.

Oh! I created a Facebook page for the Objectivist Round Up! We've got lots of fans already, why don't you join us? I plan to post links to each edition as they are posted, and I hope it will be a useful tool for promoting the carnival.

So that's my weekend/week. Got a lot to do to get ready for The Parental Units to arrive. Christmas cards need to go out, presents need a-wrapping (a task that's right up there on my Hate To Do List with laundry), a big roast needs a-fetching from the butcher, groceries need a-purchasing, house needs a-cleaning, and a partridge in a pear tree.

And I have EVER so many great ideas for interesting blog posts--this ALWAYS happens when I'm crazybusy in 3D Land, too. WHY? But not me--I'm not complaining. I'm just sayin'.

TTFN!

1 comment:

Kelly Elmore said...

If I can get a nap this afternoon, I think I might go up to Tellus for the eclipse.