New members: 6
Total members: 265
- Discovery Toys Fundraiser for the Atlanta Objectivist Society (order by December 13 to receive in time for Christmas!)
- Toy recommendation: Capsella (LOVED these when I was a kid)
- Hosting an Exchange Student
- (News) Cross-Dressing Kids
- (Blog Post) Handling Lying
- (News) A market for baby foreskins (yuck)
- (News) CPS overstepping bounds
- Physics curriculum for sale
- Teaching the bible for cultural literacy
- (Blog Post) Family Business
- Positive Discipline book recommendations
- Dealing with 19 month olds (oh how I can relate!)
- (News) Marketing Junk Food to Kids
- Book recommendations for mid-level readers
- Self-interest and sharing
- Selfishness and homeschooling (with a link to this blog post)
- (Blog Post) Postpartum Depression
Another month of varied and interesting links and discussion. Awesome.
OGrownups is an informal e-mail list for for Objectivists and others interested in raising and educating children well. Its basic purpose is to facilitate discussion amongst Objectivists about child development, discipline techniques, education methods, parenting resources, and more.
Any Objectivist interested in polite and practical discussion about raising and educating children rationally may subscribe and post to OGrownups -- including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, caregivers, and friends. Any Objectivist considering parenthood is also welcome to subscribe and post. Moreover, non-Objectivists are welcome to subscribe to the list, but only as lurkers; they cannot post. OGrownups is not moderated, but members who violate its rules will be subject to moderation, if not unsubscribed.
If you're interested in joining, and I hope you are, the information is on our homepage (linked above)!