Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sick Days

Ugh, it's no fun to be sick. Ryan and I are fighting off a cold and he's got it worse than I. Yesterday we all just sat around in our pajamas and watched television. I'm a firm believer in the healing power of lying around in front of movies for many hours.

Today was the last day of homeschool co-op for the session, so we managed to go and attend the chess trophy ceremony. I took a video of the kids in Sign Language class singing and signing "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer." If I can figure out how, I'll upload it, because it was SO. Cute. The ASL teacher did a great job!

If we're all feeling better, our Kids' Holiday Tea Party will happen on Friday as scheduled. If not, we'll do it next week. I think it will be super lots of fun for the kids of the ATLOS Play Group to enjoy a little holiday cheer with each other in the form of tea, hot chocolate, and homemade holiday treats. It only seems fair after all of the grownups got to have a party last weekend (which was really lots of fun).

So anyway, that's where I've been, and what's been happening. I have ever so many ideas for blog posts, but I think it's best if I write them after I'm feeling better. That way they might actually be coherent!

In the meantime, here are the kids with their chess trophies:



Morgan is thrilled with her purple chess trophy! #fb on Twitpic

Morgan got a "Top 3" trophy I think. By a lucky coincidence, it's purple, one of her favorite colors (as you might have surmised by what she's wearing).




Ryan is chess champion for his division! #fb on Twitpic


Ryan got the champion trophy for the K-3 division this time. He was pretty proud.


And I just noticed that neither one of them had taken off their coats!

No comments: