Friday, January 07, 2011

Some Fun Links for Friday

I've got a few fun things to share!

First the Objectivist Round Up at The Little Things. (And don't forget to check out our Facebook page!)

I don't know if you know about this carnival, but if you're interested in paleo at all, don't miss the Paleo Rodeo! It comes out every Friday and is hosted at Modern Paleo.

Speaking of food (I'm hungry, can you tell?), Miranda invented a yummy recipe for pork chops. And I'm enamored with the idea of a product called Boozy Fruit.

I've been really enjoyed listening to the Rationally Selfish webcasts. It's fun to participate in the live chat, too. Check them out!

I'm pleased to announce that I have scheduled two chats for the OGrownups group (both posters and lurkers are welcome to participate in the chats). The first will be on Wednesday, January 12 at 9pm Eastern time. The second chat will be on Sunday, January 30 at 4pm Eastern. We'll be using the OList Chatroom and the chats will last an hour (the password will be sent along to members of OLists, so join today!).

I haven't decided on a topic for the first chat just yet, but the topic of the January 30 chat will be a discussion about making the decision to have kids. What are the kinds of things you should consider? There are many people on the OGrownups list who don't have kids and are in the process of weighing the pros and cons. This will be a most interesting topic for sure. It's funny to me to recall that once upon a time, Brendan and I were dead-set against having kids. :)

Also, I'm really really tempted to call the evening chat the Mommy Needs a Cocktail Happy Hour.

And tonight I'm going to the first planning meeting for ATLOSCON 2011 (it's Memorial Day Weekend, mark your calendar!). Super awesome.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

barbara said...

ooh, I haven't heard about the friday paleo round up, thanks for sharing! and hello from a homsechoolin mama in chicago! :)