Monday, March 07, 2011

Solo Parenting Update

We had a fun weekend, even though we missed Brendan lots.

Let's see? What did we do? We seemed to have hot dogs for lunch and dinner almost every day (and Ryan is learning how to use the grill).

What else? We watched the new version of The Karate Kid for movie night (pretty good--it's the EXACT same movie as the original in a different setting) and I even let them have movie theater candy for the occasion. See? I'm not ALWAYS mean.

We worked on house projects, and I have to say one of the highlights of the weekend was Morgan cleaning the downstairs bathroom, Ryan cleaning the guest bathroom, and I cleaned my bathroom. THREE SIMULTANEOUS BATHROOM CLEANINGS. This is the stuff that excites me.

I made Sundried Tomato and Sausage Egg Cupcakes and they were super yummy! Sean ate about a third of them personally. Pretty easy to make and paleo, too. I plan to make a huge batch today or tomorrow--they make really good snacks.

Livy spent the night on Saturday and I went to a friend's 40th birthday party at a karaoke place. FUN FUN FUN. Also? Korean food! Also also? I'm not the only one in our group who is 40 now! (And Brendan's next.)

All in all it was a fairly typical weekend--if you don't count our new water dispenser springing a leak (twice) and having to evacuate the house with four-count-'em-four kids because somehow two of the gas burners on the stove were set to "send natural gas all over the house." It's always something.

I didn't lose my temper once and I didn't get nearly enough sleep! I did it!

We are SO happy to be all back together, though that will change soon, too, because I'm going to SNOWCON, baby! It's so strange. It seemed like this was forever away from me in time and now all of a sudden it's here. I leave early early Friday morning. If blogging is light this week, you'll know why.

No comments: