Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blast from my Past

This post is mainly for Kelly, who was unable to see these pictures on my FB wall for some reason. One of the mildly horrifying interesting things about Facebook is that you can sometimes find pictures of yourself from waaaaaaaay back when, often without any warning whatsoever!

In chronological order (by my age, I mean, not by the date on which I discovered someone had posted these pics to Facebook):



My sister, brother, and me in our Winnie-the-Pooh pajamas, circa 1976. I'm the one on the left. My sister, the one on the right, is an entire year older than our gigantic sumo-wrestler brother. Now you know where Sean got his gargantuan cranium. :)

Not quite Awkward Family Photos, but still. I think I got off lucky in this pic, taken in September 1979.

I used to be in the Marquis of Granby Fyfe & Drum Corp (still in existence!). I'm the fyfer on the very right. This was taken at a muster, which is like Fyfe-a-palooza, in the summer of 1982, so I was 11. It was great fun, and I still have my fyfe.

I think there are a few other old pics of me on Facebook (NOT posted by me!). If I dig them up, I'll do another installment of Blast from my Past. 

6 comments:

C. August said...

My god. Looking at you and your sister it's like looking at Ryan at that age. And Sean does look an awful lot like Daniel. (Morgan also looks a bit like you there.)

Stephanie Smith said...

Soooo cute! Your face has hardly changed :)

Jenn Casey said...

Thanks! C., I do think Ryan favors me quite a bit--he didn't start out that way, but he definitely does now. Luckily for him, he's cuter than I was. And yes, the Dan is strong in that Seanie boy of mine.

Thanks Stephanie! :D

I was a little nervous about putting these up. I'm still waiting to hear from my anonymous-on-the-internets sister to see if I'm in trouble!

Kate Yoak said...

I think, Morgan looks a lot like your sister. At least, her picture in this blog does resemble the one in this post a great deal!

mtnrunner2 said...

Heh. I've been "victimized" by siblings posting awful high-school era pics. There's a certain unsavory sadism involved in that (and I'm only slightly kidding).

What about the nice 5-and-under pics? They're always cute :\

Another reason why I keep my Facebook account under wraps.

Jenn Casey said...

Thanks for your comments, Kate and mtnrunner2. I do think M looks like my sis. Funny, I'd never noticed that before.

Mtnrunner2--my sis isn't even ON FB! She's all internet private-like.

And hey! Notice how I posted these pics FOR KELLY and she didn't even comment?!?!?!? Hmph.