Many ATLOS members donated goods or services to be auctioned off. Some of the things donated include:
- Two nights at an AWESOME North Georgia mountain cabin with a killer view (just sayin')
- An acoustic guitar
- Cross-stitches of "A is A" or "Who is John Galt?"
- Gardening consultation (I know from personal experience that you'll get a good value out of this!)
- Language lessons
- Positive Discipline parenting consultation
- A round of golf at a country club
- Gourmet Russian dinner for two (I know from personal experience that this will be tasty!)
AND MORE! Check them all out on our auction page.
Here's the cool thing: even if you're not local, you can bid on these items and win them from afar! In addition to the silent auction party, you can bid ONLINE!
Sure, some things will be a little more difficult to redeem--kind of hard to get your face painted over the internets--but many of the items up for auction can be sent to you if you live outside of Atlanta. You could even make arrangements to pick up your item (or partake of the service you won) if you're in town for ATLOSCon (just read the item description very carefully for details).
Here are the online auction rules:
This online auction is intended to complement the physical silent auction on April 30th, 2011 and is for the members and friends of the Atlanta Objectivist Society (ATLOS). Those who cannot attend the physical auction are encouraged to use this website to support ATLOS in paying for ATLOSCon 2011.
This online auction will begin prior to the physical auction and continue live during the physical auction, but will end early to give those attending the physical auction a final opportunity to bid.
If you are bidding online, you should be aware of the following rules:
- Those at the physical auction will have priority if their bid is entered at the same time as an online bid
- The online auction will end earlier, so make sure to bid high enough to guarantee a win!
- Some items require pickup or can't be delivered outside Atlanta, so please read the item description.
- The bid you enter is the amount you will pay if you win the auction
By the way, the online bidding has already started!
All proceeds will go to benefit ATLOS, specifically our conference.
A special thank you to everyone who donated items and services to this auction. Your contributions are deeply appreciated.
Two of our members, Tori and Travis, worked really hard on organizing the donations and creating the web interface. We are so grateful for their work on this project. And Hanah and Sasha are kindly hosting the live version of the auction this Saturday--thanks for letting us invade your home (again!).
If you have any questions about this, please let me know. And help us spread the word about our auction--link to our auction page on Facebook or Twitter or send a link to this post, etc.
Should be fun!