Here's what happened in April on the OGrownups list:
New members: 5
Total members: 276
- Video: 23 weeks of pregnancy in 3 minutes
- Don't leave your kids in the car
- Public School Testing
- Article: How Ayn Rand ruined my childhood
- Blog Post: Ayn Rand did not ruin my childhood
- Irish setter dad
- Parenting Blog Post
- Free Objectivist novel about school
- Caplan on twin research and parenting
- Kids' ethics book
- The Lost Fleet
- Potty reversal
- Easter treats
- Discovering Positive Discipline
- Article: Tips for Introverted Parents Raising Extroverted Kids
- A mother's prayer for her daughter (humor by Tina Fey)
- For those who hate The Giving Tree
- New children's book
- Wine marketed to moms
- Video: Math Education: An Inconvenient Truth
- Video: Julia Sweeney: Sex Ed
- Young stepdad in trouble
- Boy with Pink Toenails in J. Crew Ad Stirs Up Trouble
- Blog Posts: Parenting Challenge and follow up
Lots of spirited discussions this month!
What is OGrownups? It's:
OGrownups is an informal e-mail list for for Objectivists and others interested in raising and educating children well. Its basic purpose is to facilitate discussion amongst Objectivists about child development, discipline techniques, education methods, parenting resources, and more.
Any Objectivist interested in polite and practical discussion about raising and educating children rationally may subscribe and post to OGrownups -- including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, caregivers, and friends. Any Objectivist considering parenthood is also welcome to subscribe and post. Moreover, non-Objectivists are welcome to subscribe to the list, but only as lurkers; they cannot post. OGrownups is not moderated, but members who violate its rules will be subject to moderation, if not unsubscribed.
Diana is the owner of the OLists. And I'm the manager of OGrownups.
For more information about OGrownups and how to join, check out our homepage!