Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Obligatory Pre-Vacation Procrastination Post

I can't really tell if I'm procrastinating or if I'm just really, really good at packing for long trips. I've got plenty of time because we're not leaving until tonight. And it's not like I haven't done anything to prepare. I've purchased road-trip supplies (mainly, snacks and baby wipes), dropped the cat off at the kitty hotel, and printed my hotel confirmations, maps, and the game I'm bringing to the bridal shower. The laundry's all done (I know!) and folded and I've just got to pack everything up according to my carefully prepared list.

However, there are also many other things I could be doing, such as tidying up the house a bit, as I hate to walk into a crazy-looking house after a long vacation. But Brendan will be here in the house for five days without us. He'll either mess it up or clean it up, right? Why bother cleaning? :D

So instead I'll just put up a picture of the scarf I finished last night:



Scarf for my grandma. :) It's a deeper teal color in rea... on Twitpic



It's really cute, if I do say so myself. It was a pretty easy pattern, too, and I was able to knit the last third or so of it without even glancing at the pattern to remind myself what was next. It's a good length, too. Taller than me, though that's not saying much, heh.

This project represents something of a departure for me in knitting, too. It's the first project where I've taken the time to fix my mistakes and re-knit some stuff. Usually, I can't be bothered (and usually, I'm knitting something for practice so it doesn't truly matter).

I'm so glad it turned out well, and that it's finished! But, but . . . what will I knit during the trip? Oooh . . . I think I just had another great procrastination idea: flip through my books and pick a knitting project for the trip! Wow, I amaze even myself sometimes.

I hope to be tweeting pictures and other fun updates while I'm gone, so if I don't make it back here for a while, find me on Twitter and/or Facebook. I promise always to amuse. Well, amuse myself, that is.

See ya in the Land of Beer and Cheese!

1 comment:

Amy McCraken evergreen custom media said...

There are also many other things I could be doing, such as tidying up the house a bit, as I hate to walk into a crazy-looking house after a long vacation.