Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Home!

It's nice to be home! I really enjoyed myself at OCON--but it's nice to be home.

I'll write up my OCON experience soon, but for now, I'm catching up on snuggles and laundry and housework and reading aloud and regaining my argument-moderation skills. :D

A brief blog note: I'm turning on comment approval for older posts as I have attracted the attention of spammers. (That means I'm REALLY famous, huh?) I'm hopeful I won't have to moderate all of the comments, but if the spam continues, I'll enable comment approval for all posts. I don't know how long this will last, but I hope the spammers tire of me soon and I can return to my usual comment policy. Thanks for your understanding!

2 comments:

Hanah said...

We've missed you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

Glad you got to go to OCON 2011. I was there too, but somehow missed you. I took the sleeper train down from Petersburg VA, which was a couple hours drive from home here at Lynchburg. It is best for my bad back to travel on the sleeper.

Anyway, all of my six classes were excellent, and I greatly enjoyed the general session on the three new essays on We the Living. I got to go to the film of that novel shown at OCON also, but I could only last the first two hours, even with getting up for a break for the back (sitting is the hardest thing for this lower-back thing---I have osteoporosis). Still, it was thrilling. I had read the novel again in the last year as part of my Rand-Nietzsche studies. So with scenes and lines still fresh, it was a thrill to see them on the screen.

It is a very expensive conference, and one of my friends from Chicago says that is what prevents his attendance. But what a good experience. I met some very nice people.

I had been to one of these conferences of ARI nineteen years ago. It was a little sad now to see how much some of the old leaders have aged. I of course did not.

Yes, it is so nice to be home with the loved one.

Stephen Boydstun