Friday, September 30, 2011


In my never-ending quest to document the most trivial aspects of my life on this here blog, I present to you: A Snapshot Of Things Found In My Purse! 

I KNOW! You're welcome very much.

Okay, so besides the usual pens and lip balm and loose change and crayons, the other things in my purse turn out to be very revealing of the way my life is these days.

Let's see, what do we have?

  • Head bands--for those "just can't be bothered to mess with my hair" days. Which, let's face it, is most days.
  • Lifting gloves--I rarely use them at CrossFit. I guess I'm keeping them handy in case there's some kind of emergency deadlifting I could be called upon to do.
  • Epi-pens--I keep a spare set in my purse for the rare occasion that Ryan forgets to bring his set and we are 20 miles from home and super crazy hungry and don't want to come all the way back here on account of we all might starve to death before we got here. 
  • Athletic tape--For when the kids get too loud For when I'm in those situations where I'm called upon to do a bunch of band-assisted (yes, STILL) pull ups.
  • A knitted leaf--BECAUSE I CAN.
  • Two Newman's Own Extra Bold Coffee K-Cups--that I keep meaning to give to my friend S because I'll never drink them.
  • A ticket to the Art Institute of Chicago--From September 3rd. Super fun art tour! Yeah, it's been a while since I've cleaned out the purse. 
  • A bandaid--In case someone is bleeding out.
  • A ticket stub to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2--from the end of July. Okay, it's been a WHILE since I've cleaned out the purse. (Hey, at least it's not a stub from Part 1!)
  • Business cards for ATLOS--Because they're awesome.

I kind of really like how so many aspects of my life are represented in my purse. It's all right there in my bag of tricks.

This post has been brought to you by an extreme case of procrastination.


Team Suzanne said...

That stuff looks really clean. Which is impressive. When I clean out my purse, the random items always look kind of nasty, like with crumbs or some kind of detritus all over them. It's embarrassing.

Happy Elf Mom said...

How often do the epi-pens get used? (I know it's "as needed," but I mean about/on average sort of thing.)

I am surprised that you do not also carry baby wipes (in case something peanut-y touched the thing you are going to touch) and snacks also. Maybe I should ask, "How big is your purse?" :)

Jenn Casey said...

Suzanne: Well, I might have torn a strip off the athletic tape so it was white for the photo instead of gray. . . .

Happy Elf Mom: In over 7 years of traveling everywhere with an Epi-pen, I'm happy to say we've never had to use one. I keep baby wipes in the car (I still have one in diapers). It's rare I feel the need to wipe anything down and Ryan is old enough that he doesn't just lick every random thing in sight (ah, the joys of toddlers) so it's not really a problem. As for snacks, if we're going to be gone for a while, it's his responsibility to bring snacks because he's 9 years old! SO not my problem! :D

Happy Elf Mom said...

That's *awesome* Jenn. I'm sure happy to read that you've never used one in your travels, but better safe than sorry! :)

Lynne said...

But where are your 12 shades of nude lipstick and your pocket Constitution? Oh wait. That's what's in my purse. Nevermind.

I like the athletic tape. It's so badass - white or crumb encrusted.